To include a gift to the University of Missouri in your will or living trust, we suggest that you and your legal advisor consider the following language:
Describe the gift
"...to The Curators of the University of Missouri, a public corporation,
- the sum of $__________
- ___________________ [description of specific property]
- ____ % of my estate owned by me at my death
- the residue of my property owned by me at my death
Describe the purpose or program
- for the unrestricted use on the University of Missouri-Columbia campus."
- for the unrestricted use and benefit of the School/College of _____________ on the University of Missouri-Columbia campus."
- for the unrestricted use and benefit of the Department of _____________ in the School/College of _____________ on the University of Missouri-Columbia campus."
- to fund the previously established ____________________ endowment fund* and any amendments thereto."
- to establish the ______________________ endowment fund*, the distribution of which is to be used for ______________ (scholarships, professorships, faculty awards, loan funds, etc.) in the Department of _____________ in the School/College of _____________ on the University of Missouri-Columbia campus."
Important Note! Please ensure that the COLUMBIA CAMPUS is specifically designated. Gifts not identified in this way may be considered a gift to the entire University of Missouri system.
*Upon your request, the Office of Gift Planning and Endowments will prepare a separate endowment document at no cost to you. Your will or trust may then direct the gift to the endowment fund. By using this planning strategy, you will retain the option to alter the purpose or use of your endowment fund without the expense and inconvenience of amending your estate plan.
Let us know
Please contact us when you include Mizzou in your estate plan.
The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor. Figures cited in examples are for illustrative purposes only. References to tax rates include federal taxes only and are subject to change. State law may further impact your individual results. Annuities are subject to regulation by the State of California. Payments under such agreements, however, are not protected or otherwise guaranteed by any government agency or the California Life and Health Insurance Guarantee Association. A charitable gift annuity is not regulated by the Oklahoma Insurance Department and is not protected by a guaranty association affiliated with the Oklahoma Insurance Department. Charitable gift annuities are not regulated by and are not under the jurisdiction of the South Dakota Division of Insurance.